Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Thu Feb 6, 2003  7:15 pm
Subject:  Singers (SATB) needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

Dear fellow vocalisters,

I'm back at it again, looking for singers for my vocal quintet.
Please give some thought to whether you might know any candidates for
the group. I would appreciate your passing my audition notice to them.

Thank you,
John Link

SINGERS needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

SOPRANO, ALTO, TENOR, and BARITONE needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL
QUINTET, which sings wordless vocal arrangements of instrumental
compositions by such composers as Frederic Chopin, Chick Corea, Miles
Davis, Clause Debussy, Bill Evans, Pat Metheny, Ennio & Andrea
Morricone, Modeste Mussorgsky, Erik Satie, Alexander Scriabin, and
Earl Zindars, as well as my original compositions. I am looking for
four talented and committed musicians to use their voices as their
instruments in creating a group that will break new ground.

To hear recordings of the John Link Vocal Quintet visit the following sites:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnLink

Below are the ranges through which the singers are required to
vocalize. These ranges reflect the extremes used in the repertoire.

SOPRANO: Low G to high F

ALTO: Low E to high Bb

TENOR: Low A to high B

BARITONE: Low E to high A

I am looking for singers with the ability to sing music from various
genres without sounding like a caricature of each of the genres, with
the ability to improvise, and with the desire and ability to make
this group a priority.

So that the ensemble will perform at the highest level, rehearsals
include Awareness Through Movement lessons

Rehearsals are held on West 26th Street in Manhattan. If you think
you have what it takes to be part of this innovative group, call
(212)463-7102 to schedule an audition.

http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22440 Singers (SATB) needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTETJohn Linkjohnlink010254 Thu  2/6/2003
emusic.com