Vocalist.org archive

From:  LikeSoMuchFish@a...
Date:  Wed Jun 7, 2000  8:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Seeking creepy toy-related songs!

Teressa000@a... writes:

> Can anyone give me titles, any language, sung either about a toy/doll or
from
> the viewpoint of one?

There is that Buzz Lightyears song from Toy Story-- I believe its called
Sailing(Its in the vocal selects)
Its actually a quite beautiful little song about his realization that he is
just a toy and not a galaxy super-hero.

Also there is an APS from the 20's or 30's --Not sure of the title but the
refrain is "Dancin' with the dolly with the whole in her stocking.."
A fifties tune.." Come along and be my party doll..'
The theme from Valley of the Dolls
and the Christmas tune Toyland.

The was also a teenybopperish type top 40 song in the 90's, i believe the
title was something like 'I Wanna Be Barbie'.
However , if I remember correctly it was quite controversial and
sexist--Musically I remember it was certainly not the type of material for
anyone who could actually sing.

:jc
ps- The Deja.com alt.music.lyrics newsgroup is great for this type of
question.
I was doing a cabaret show a while back and asked for songs about the Moon--I
think I got close to 300 responses in a week from all over the globe.

emusic.com