Vocalist.org archive

From:  Katherine Parker <specielekk8@y...>
Date:  Tue Feb 4, 2003  3:22 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] seeking song selection advice

Hi everyone.

In about a month, I am auditioning for a summer opera
program at Oberlin. The thing is, I am having little
trouble deciding on what pieces to put on my audition
tape. So far, I've narrowed it down to O del Mio
Amato Ben, The Sun Whose Rays from the Mikado, Love
has Eyes by Benjamin Britten and Welche Wonne Welche
Lust.

I'm in high school and my voice is still developing
and I was wondering if any of these pieces would be
harmful or too difficult for my voice at this time in
my life. I know picking songs to sing should be based
on my comfort level, but it'd still be great to get
other opinions on which songs would contrast each
other the best and which would be the most impressive.
Thanks alot!

Katherine Parker
Chicago

22368 Re: seeking song selection advicethesinatraguy@a...thesinatraguy Tue  2/4/2003
22369 Re: seeking song selection adviceGreypins@a...  Tue  2/4/2003
22370 Re: seeking song selection advicelestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Tue  2/4/2003
22372 Re: seeking song selection adviceChristine Thomasmezzoid Tue  2/4/2003
22373 Re: seeking song selection adviceChristine Thomasmezzoid Tue  2/4/2003
22374 Re: seeking song selection adviceChristine Thomasmezzoid Tue  2/4/2003
22378 Re: seeking song selection adviceAmanda Kelleymandasings Tue  2/4/2003
22387 Re: seeking song selection adviceEdgewoodVoiceStudioedgewoodvoicestudio Tue  2/4/2003
emusic.com