Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
Date:  Mon Feb 3, 2003  4:03 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] "ladies of the night"

My school is doin a cabaret and the theme is "ladies of the night." Im
not
very happy with this theme because it seems that most of the songs from
musicals with characters that fit this theme, are more of a chest belt
type
while i am a soprano. Does anyone know of any songs that fit this
description and fit my voice type better? The only idea i have is Memory
from
cats, but im not thrilled with it. Suggestions please!

"Moonfall", from The Secret of Edwin Drood; it's in the second Soprano
Musical Theater Anthology from Hal Leonard. A wonderful song for a
soprano with good control and technique.

Sharon Szymanski

emusic.com