Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Thu Jan 30, 2003  4:46 pm
Subject:  How long to keep recordings of lesson

Hi all,

I've been recording my lessons religiously over the past 2+ years and
am wondering what to do with my ever growing assortment of tapes and
mini CDs. My initial thought was that it would be helpful to go back
to old lessons occasionally -- if for no other reason than to show
myself that I have improved -- but I must admit that I do that very,
very rarely. In fact, I tend not to listen to any taped lesson older
than 3 months.

How do you use old recordings of lessons (besides dust collectors that
is)? Am I missing a beat here or can I give some serious thought to
reclaiming a bit of shelf space here by throwing out some of my older
stuff (e.g., only keep every second or third lesson)? (Note: I also
listen to the tape after the lesson to make notes in a notebook, so I
wouldn't be losing past teachings.)

Thanks,
Ingo

22269 Re: How long to keep recordings of lessonlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Thu  1/30/2003