Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Wed Jan 29, 2003  9:06 am
Subject:  being a NATS adjudicator???

Hi Everyone,
I haven't seen this topic addressed, that I can remember... I'm looking
for snippets of advise for those of you who have adjudicated at NATS
contests... the chapter I'm in hosts "adjudications" once a year for all
the different categories. They have 3 judges for teens and 3 for the
college/adult categories.. and 1 of the 3 has to be a "judge in
training" and they want me to be the "in training" judge for the
college/adult levels. I have never ever done anything like this. I'm
nervous and looking for hints so I don't embarrass myself, or even..
horror of horrors, write something that might be discouraging to some
poor singer. I barely can write in an intelligent way when I post on
Vocalist, (notice I don't participate in these pedagogy discussions) I
can't imagine writing something significant on some poor adults'
adjudication form! I keep imagining myself writing things like "I could
be wrong but..." and misspelling any pedagogy term I might be brave
enough to write down. (I need to give myself a vocabulary spelling
test... maybe you all could give me a list of terms I should memorize
with the correct spelling! Ack!) Maybe I could just write "great job"
"keep up the good work" and just not worry about it! (It's a volunteer
position, after all!). Any advise any of you may give will be great
appreciated!
Deanna soon to be Judge! Ack!

---

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22240 Re: being a NATS adjudicator???Margaret L. Harrisonpeggyliebman Wed  1/29/2003
22242 Re: being a NATS adjudicator???Jeffrey Snider <snide76258@y...>snide76258 Wed  1/29/2003
emusic.com