Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Date:  Wed Jan 29, 2003  12:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] itch/tickle in throat on high notes?

Hmmmm. . . sympathetic vibrations? I often get a tickle in the back of my
throat when singing in my high soprano range. When I sing in my very high
soprano range, my back molars vibrate! :) I have to believe that if it isn't
causing you any pain and isn't sounding in your tone, its probably just a
sympathetic vibration. I used to feel numb in the spot for a short while after
singing but with time the vibrations have either gone away or I've grown so
accustomed to them that I don't notice anymore. That's just my experience. I
hope it helps.
Mandi
"Tako Oda <toda@m... wrote: Dear Everyone,

Lately, when I go into my upper range (for me, F5 to Bb5), I feel a
tickle in my throat.

emusic.com