Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda <toda@m...
Date:  Tue Jan 28, 2003  8:48 pm
Subject:  itch/tickle in throat on high notes?

Dear Everyone,

Lately, when I go into my upper range (for me, F5 to Bb5), I feel a
tickle in my throat. The area behind my tonsils gets irritated and
remains sensitive for several minutes. It is an unpleasant sensation
which makes it difficult to stay open.

It's a range I rarely use any more (I'm concentrating on alto
repertoire lately) so my technique is probably getting a little
sloppy up there. Still, I'd like to know the notes are going to be
there if I need them!

Does anyone have any experience/insight into this phenomenon? Maybe
it's just advancing age...

Thanks!

Tako Oda,
Countertenor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22231 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?TheSinatraGuy@a...thesinatraguy Tue  1/28/2003
22232 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?Amanda Kelleymandasings Wed  1/29/2003
22235 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?Lloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Wed  1/29/2003
22257 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?Axwell@a...  Wed  1/29/2003
22258 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?patricia.m.smith@j...  Thu  1/30/2003
22283 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?Michelle Albertdrama_diva_au Fri  1/31/2003
22293 Re: itch/tickle in throat on high notes?Tako Oda <toda@m...>takooda Fri  1/31/2003
emusic.com