Vocalist.org archive

From:  TheSinatraGuy@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 28, 2003  3:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Sherrill Milnes healing advice

In a message dated 1/27/2003 6:44:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kriswrite@a... writes:

> Unless you are abusing your voice, or singing an extraordinary number of
> hours a day, there should be no need to not sing after a performance. Like
> an
> athlete, a singer who is using proper technique should not need to worry
> about endurance, as long as they slowly build it up.

I will have to completely disagree with you here. What Sherrill Milnes
preaches makes sense. Plus, he probably got his information from the elite
at the Metropolitan Opera Company. Also, how can you not abuse your
voice singing opera? I am well trained, but I still overdo it trying
to impress the audience. Sherrill Milnes advice was a Godsend to me,
and think every singer of all styles should follow it. His advice
explains why so many singers have trouble with their cords.

Steve

emusic.com