Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 28, 2003  1:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)

Karen and Norma:
I LOVE you! I can just hear Karen singing out "Mira, O Norma..." right about
now! Be glad you haven't lived in the armpit of the South! I purchased a
booster for my radio in my car so I could get poor, scratchy reception from the
Raleigh, NC area classical station, and, again, you got it! FEW singers!
Every now and again you'd catch Pavarotti when they were raising money for their
annual fund drive.
I can relate! The local channel played Kathleen Ferrier's recording of Mahler's
"Kindertotenlieder" and I nearly fell out!! A friend in Canada told me she
heard Ferrier singing "Blow the wind southerly" over the radio station there. I
should BE so LUCKY!!
Things are tough all over!
Ed

emusic.com