Vocalist.org archive

From:  TheSinatraGuy@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 27, 2003  3:29 pm
Subject:  Sinatra singer suggestions

Hi group,

I wanted to get some opinions from you. I am a former
opera singer of twelve years who is completely changing
my act. I am a Verdi Baritone who has a similar
tone and sound to Sinatra, and I am trying to go full time
with a tribute act. I have the talent to take me wherever I
want to go, but I have a lot of opposition out there. The
Sinatra family hates impersonators, and they sue anyone
who uses the Sinatra name in their marketing; they even
sue the hotels in Las Vegas! I need some encouragement
to fight this battle and to go forward, and I also need some music
industry advice? I want some advice on how to market
an act to the highest possible level. I could get a lounge
act in las Vegas tomorrow, but I want to see if there is a higher
level out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cordially,

Steve

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22182 Re: Sinatra singer suggestionsEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Mon  1/27/2003
22187 Re: Sinatra singer suggestionsJohn Linkjohnlink010254 Mon  1/27/2003
22195 Re: Sinatra singer suggestionsAxwell@a...  Mon  1/27/2003
22196 More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)Karen Mercedessingwiththespirit Mon  1/27/2003
22197 Re: More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)norma bowensingerteacher85 Mon  1/27/2003
22200 Re: More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)Edward Nortonbelcantist2003 Tue  1/28/2003
22213 Re: More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)patricia.m.smith@j...  Tue  1/28/2003
22219 Re: More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)Margaret L. Harrisonpeggyliebman Tue  1/28/2003
22230 Re: More philistinism in D.C. (grrrrrr)Elizabeth Finkler  Tue  1/28/2003
emusic.com