Vocalist.org archive

From:  James <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sun Jan 26, 2003  4:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re:"messa di voce"

John...a violin is a poor imitator of the human voice.
I have two images of the words you quote; the first,
that when the support is correct and the messa di voce
is easy to perform, then the tone simply floats out
without any serious muscle involvement.

The second, if ones technique is so defective that
it causes conscious muscle involvement in the throat,
then the messa di voce will most likely be impossible.
Reg.

At 06:09 PM 25/01/03 -0500, you wrote:
>>What that basically means is that if you produce a pure tone, you'll
>>have the breath you need to do whatever you need to do with it!
>>The pure tone enables the singer to have the necessary breath!
>
>So, if you produce a pure tone, you'll have the bow you need to do
>whatever you need to do with it! The pure tone enables the violinist
>to have the necessary bow!
>
>What do you think?
>
>John Link

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22164 Re: "messa di voce"Edward Nortonbelcantist2003 Sun  1/26/2003
22173 Re: "messa di voce"Jamestranquil2404 Mon  1/27/2003
22175 Re: "messa di voce"Edward Nortonbelcantist2003 Mon  1/27/2003
emusic.com