Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Wed Jun 7, 2000  12:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Repertoire List for Baritone and Organ

Bill, there are some selections from Vaughan Williams' "Pilgrim's
Progress" arranged for baritone and organ by the composer. Of course, his
"Five Mystical Songs" have been arranged for organ (not by the composer):
however, these require a very accomplished organist. Very. Also, Franz
Liszt has several works for voice and organ: check out "Cantico del sol
di San Francesco d'Assisi". I can't remember off the top of my head, but
the Boris Blacher (if your audience can handle the modern idiom) "Drei
Psalmen" may be for baritone and organ.

Mark Montgomery