Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Jun 6, 2000  8:36 pm
Subject:  Aaaargh!, was:Re: [vocalist-temporary] crossing over

Isabelle,
I must leap to the defence of Elly Ameling and of Lieder generally! To
hear EA sing Schumann's Widmung is to be... but of course tastes vary! At
least you like Jessye Normous's Brahms. Of all that sing Brahms, she is
most to my taste. (Note my careful wording!). I hope that David Daniels
will do Brahms. I suspect *that* would be what I really want with a
composer for whom the sense of the line is so important.
I personally, obscure and distant, plan a couple of Lieder recitals in the
next year in which I hope the laser beam switch will be in the 'on'
position :o) john