Vocalist.org archive

From:  "iacmf <iacmf@y...
Date:  Sun Jan 19, 2003  9:20 pm
Subject:  Head voice from falsetto.Thanks a lot.(Some more advice please?)

First of all i'd like to say that the suggestions forincreasing
volume in falsetto notes really worked.To tell the truth i didn't
expect it to work so soon!Within a few days i felt the difference
between falsetto and head voice:I had a much richer and strong sound,
my tone was not breathy.I can also "feel" the difference as my upper
thoat/head part has really been "opened".
However,i'd like you to tell me your opinion once more.
Well,my head voice ends at B5.(C4 as the middle C)From C5 to B5,
it's truly easy for me to sing in head voice.I can say that in this
particular range,i have lost the ability to produce falsetto any
more!
However,i have trouble keeping my head resonance below C5 as i often
break in falsetto.How do you think i have to handle this problem?
I'd also like to ask something more.I can't realy underestand how
someone can connect some almost shouting notes(chest voice) and
some
almost whispering notes(head voice).When i am trying to bring my
head voice low to chest voice(especially with siren sounds),from
G4 and below,i feel like my two voices are "fighting" and i sound
like grunting.What do you suggest me to do about that?

Thanks a lot for once more.
Best reagards.

Nicolas

emusic.com