Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
Date:  Sun Jan 19, 2003  8:18 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Question for Voice Teachers

Re: Working on Saturdays -
I have been teaching a half day on Saturday for several years, and
this year, a full day from 10-5 with a lunch break.I have had no
problems with attendance. It is an excellent option for adults who have
a busy workweek, for teens who are in sports after school, and for other
teens who are pretty consistently involved with after school rehearsals,
dance classes, etc. I do, however, give myself Friday off to compensate
(although it often gets used up by paperwork, make-ups, meetings etc.)
One of my other teachers (I employ three other young associate
instructors) was hired specifically to teach on Saturdays, as the others
did not want to. His day was filled almost immediately!

Sharon Szymanski

emusic.com