Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Sat Jan 18, 2003  10:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Question for Voice Teachers

Hello,
I teach on Saturdays all day and Tuesdays from 5-8p.m I do not get conflict as
such for the older students who prefer Saturdays. One or two of the younger high
school students do get some conflicts as some of them go to other lessons
(science etc.) .My first student at 10.30 am Sat. goes to lessons from 8 a.m
until 10 a.m. and she is always late for me.
I have a new student who says that her speaking voice has always been husky and
heavy. Her range is from E flat in the 3rd. octave to F in the 4th.I have never
had such a student and I am a little concerned about extending her range.Any
suggestions
Norms.
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@a...> wrote:Tine wrote:

> How many of you teach on Saturdays? If you do, are your students consistent
> with attendance or do they have more conflicts than weekday students?

I teach on Staurdays and some Sundays but these are professional artists
in the NYC and Toronto CA area to whom I travel to get to. And they are
always there. Never a no show. And it is very lucrative if you don't
mind the travel.

Dr Dean

emusic.com