Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@a...>
Date:  Fri Jan 17, 2003  6:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Naming the piano keys

Clark_Diane wrote:

>What a mess! There is probably about as much chance of having a commonly
accepted system of naming and numbering the piano keys as there is of having a
worldwide common currency!

Absolutely correct. Although I learned Bernstein's theory of naming,
with my students I do what Naomi does; I use middle C as a center
reference and go up or down from there. Maybe that should be the
standard instead of C3 or Bb4 or whatever. Then we will all know what
we mean.

Dr Dean

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22035 Re: Naming the piano keysKaren Mercedessingwiththespirit Fri  1/17/2003
22036 Re: Naming the piano keysCamila Ribeiroc_ribeiro78 Fri  1/17/2003
emusic.com