Vocalist.org archive

From:  "tragic1980 <tragic1980@y...
Date:  Thu Jan 16, 2003  11:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Advice needed

> Paul, as far as I can see, no one is ridiculing you or even the
style you
> have chosen to sing. You appear to accept the possibility that you
are in the
> process of severely damaging your voice. If so, then people here
are
> concerned for your welfare first and the quality of your singing
second.
> Quality is obviously subjective but if your voice is being damaged,
then
> poor quality goes hand in hand with it.
>
> Once again, if you try and imitate a vocal technique which is
vocally
> dangerous simply because you elect to admire that sound, you must
> expect that some of the professionals singers on this list may
disagree
> with your values. It is NOT ridiculing you though.
>
> Regards Reg. (Sydney, Australia)

Thank you for responding Reg. I never meant to imply that people were
ridiculing me or rock, what I meant was for people to offer advice
and not ridicule i.e. please don't reply saying rock is gonna destroy
your voice because of this and that, I'm aware and accept the risks.
That is why I do want lessons so I can at the very least minimize
those risks. And I do to accept singing whoever it is, even if it
does sound totally different to what one is used to hearing, a good
is a good voice no matter the song.

emusic.com