Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Jun 6, 2000  3:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] crossing over

In a message dated 6/5/00 5:00:39 PM, csdonnell@m... writes:

<< ELLY AMELING!

Farrell has been discussed in this thread but I've not seen any mention of
Ameling . Louis van Dijk is her pianist and John Clayton is the
bassist. The album is a kick! It's called "Sentimental Me," and comprises
songs by Ellington,Gershwin and Porter. >>

Cindy,

I'm always glad to hear someone voice their appreciation of Elly Ameling.

You would also enjoy "After Hours"--another of Elly's forays into popular
music. She sings "Autumn Leaves" in French (yummy!) and some Gershwin, Vernon
Duke, etc. Elly was always able to "lighten up"--she had a way with a
humorous or lighter song that few "serious" musicians demonstrate very often
(IMHO). I think it's one of the reasons that she was (and is!) so well loved.

Judy

emusic.com