Vocalist.org archive

From:  Camila Ribeiro <c_ribeiro78@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 14, 2003  12:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] How good is Juilliard?

Dear Matthew and list,

I've heard that Julliard is great, but Manhattan
School of Music, for singers, is better. As for
Indiana University, it has a wonderful program
(actually I'm considering to apply to Indiana myself)
and it has one of the greatest singers of all as a
teacher there, which is Virginia Zeani. I've had
classes with her here in Brazil already, and she's
just wonderful! She's married to the conductor
Rossi-Lemeni and has sung with the best in the world.

Camila.

--- "westernactor <matthewmurray@m...>"
<matthewmurray@m...> wrote:
> I have a friend who is considering returning to
> school to complete
> his vocal performance degree, and is facing the
> prospect of having to
> choose a school with a good vocal performance
> program. A lot of good
> people come out of Juilliard, but is it really that
> great a program?
> What makes it different from other vocal programs?
> He's also
> considering Indiana University, so if anyone knows
> anything about
> that program, that would be great as well. He is
> very talented, has
> been out of high school for a number of years, and
> is far from
> inexperienced, but is looking for an environment
> that will provide
> him the opportunity to continue to develop his
> skills in a way that
> his current lifestyle does not allow him.
> If anyone has any suggestions of directions in which
> I might be able
> to point him, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> --Matthew

=====

Camila Ribeiro
c_ribeiro78@y...

Singing is the most legitimate of arts; no one else can put in a touch with
brush or pensil for one - one must face it alone. (Lillian Nordica)