Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Jan 13, 2003  8:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE:William Grant Still's "Lift Every Voice and Sing"

Thanks for all the replies on this. I've now got several different sources
and one electronic copy of the piano accompaniment for this song by
Johnson.

The reason I mentioned William Grant Still is that Still did a wonderful
arrangement of the song for orchestra and baritone solo. It was this that
I was hoping to track down quickly so I could have it sequenced (I have a
friend who does brilliant synth sequencing of orchestral parts which
produce accompaniment tracks that are quite acceptable for some
performances). But it seems I may simply have to settle for the piano
accompaniment.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
One must be something if one