Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Michael <chosdad@y...
Date:  Thu Jan 9, 2003  8:43 pm
Subject:  Frank Oz, was Miss Piggy

Dear Christine and List:

Thanks for sharing!

Out of consideration for those (possibly in non-USA countries) who
don't watch "Sesame Street" - I would mention that "Miss Piggy" is a
muppet character voiced by Frank Oz. Obviously both Frank Oz as Miss
Piggy and David Daniels as countertenor are changed male voices that
phonate in their higher range/register, and I was proud of my son's
perception of the similar qualities of these two voices (obviously
David's voice is much much more musically and artistically refined,
but still...).

Just some trivia, Frank is also the voice of other Sesame Street
characters including Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, and was the voice
of Yoda in Star Wars.

Cheers,

Michael Gordon

emusic.com