Vocalist.org archive

From:  MFoxy9795@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 9, 2003  1:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Repertoire help

Also the trio "Lift thine eyes" from Mendelssohn's Elijah.
Merry Foxworth

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-

http://ibo.bww.com/foxworth password: foxy

http://www.geocities.com/pcfla33981/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/merryfoxworth/CapstoneRealtyBostonMA.html

An excerpt from Robert Giddings "Musical Quotes and Anecdotes",
published in Longman Pocket Companions:
"There let the pealing organ blow,
To the full-voiced choir below,
In service high, and anthems clear,
As may with sweetness, through mine ear,
Dissolve me into ecstasies,
And bring all Heav'n before mine eyes".
John Milton - Il Penseroso (1632).

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Karena Aslanian <omtara@h...> wrote:

> Hello folks!
>
> I'm part of a trio made up of one spinto soprano, one dramatic
> mezzo, and one zwischen-y lyric female voice (that would be me). We
> are looking for suitable repertoire -- classical, music theatre or
> cabaret-type stuff is all fine with us. If anyone has suggestions,
> please send them my way!

You could always do the final (Act III) trio from Strauss's DER
ROSENKAVALIER.

You might also try the Card trio from Bizet's CARMEN.

If you and your mezzo are willing to sing a bit lower than usual, there's
the "Spogliati, bambolino" trio from Puccini's GIANNI SCHICCHI. Similarly,
the three Norns' scena, "Welch Licht leuchtet dort?" from the Prologue to
Wagner's GOETTERDAEMMERUNG.

The trio "Gaudio, gaudio son al cuora" near the end of Gluck's ORFEO ED
EURIDICE.

The Rhinemaidens' trio, "Heiajaheia!", from Scene 1 of Wagner's DAS
RHEINGOLD.

And there's always the "Suscepit Israel" from J.S. Bach's MAGNIFICAT IN
D....

For the fun of it, you might also try:

"Three little maids from school", from G&S THE MIKADO

"You could drive a person crazy", from Sondheim's COMPANY

"I want it all" and "The Ladies Singing Their Song", from Maltby's &
Shire's BABY

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
One must be something if one