Vocalist.org archive

From:  Randye Jones <rljones@a...>
Date:  Thu Jan 9, 2003  3:03 am
Subject:  Spirituals Survey (Last Call)

Hi, all.

I've been running a survey to find out how much exposure classically-
trained voice students and teachers have had to art song settings of Negro
spirituals (this does not include choral settings). While I've gotten a
number of wonderful, thoughtful responses (thanks, btw), I'd like to
extend one more invitation if you have not completed it.

I'm looking for a wide variety of views from voice students/teachers who
have had no exposure to those who regularly program spirituals for
themselves or their students. The survey is also not limited to African
Americans.

To reach the survey, go to:

http://www.artofthenegrospiritual.com

and click on Survey at the top of the page. The last day of the survey is
Saturday, January 18th. I hope to post the results by February 1st.

Thanks.
Randye J.

. | * Randye Jones, MM |
. |) . rljones@a... | Hate