Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Jan 8, 2003  7:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] From Baritone to Tenor and Back Again!

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:41:50 -0000 "singingprofumd <Lynn_Marvin@h...>"
<Lynn_Marvin@h...> wrote:
In the last few weeks, I have
> decided--on my own--to start looking at the baritone rep again. I have
been singing
> Mozart and Donizetti arias for baritone. It
> feels great. I have been listening to lyric baritones on the web and
thinking to myself
> "Wow, they sound like me!" I think I have
> finally found my vocal home-AGAIN. But the question remains: "Am I treading
on
> dangerous waters? Should I simply stick to
> what I know?" I invite your feedback.

I'm not a voice teacher or anything. But Dwayne Croft, a baritone who sings
at the Met and internationally, started his career as a tenor and switched for
what sound like reasons similar to yours. (Not that I know him personally or
anything, but this is what has been published in interviews with him - I think
there was one this past year in Classical Singer Magazine.)

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

emusic.com