Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Sat Jan 4, 2003  11:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Enrollment Drop After 9/11/01

Mine is up also. And my friend, a massage therapist/singer/dancer/actress,
is also finding no decrease in her clientele. Some people drop because they
can't afford it, but there are always some to take their place. She says
she thinks people are self-medicating - getting things that make them feel
good.

I worked at Williams-Sonoma for the holidays. Expensive but very good
quality kitchenware. We sold like fiends. During the end of the Christmas
holidays, we averaged $65K a day for our store in the western suburbs around
Milwaukee (a notoriously cheap city). There were quite a few returns after
the holidays, but people would then buy other things, usually. The
lower-end stores suffered, but people bought the quality stuff (and I did
too, because I got a 40% discount!!!) :)

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"