Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  10:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] crossing over

My favorite cross-over albums are those of Eileen Farrell and  ELLY AMELING!
Farrell has been discussed in this thread but I've not seen any mention of Ameling .        Louis van Dijk is her pianist and John Clayton is the bassist.  The album is a kick!  It's called "Sentimental Me," and comprises songs by Ellington,Gershwin and Porter

I've found it helpful to play excerpts of these two albums to my sopranos to show them that chest and chest mix can be beautiful and colorful.  They're also useful for discussing issues of style while maintaining good vocal habits.  AND, they're just such fun to listen to.

(I also have Fritz (I'd be his groupie if he were still alive) Wunderlich singing "Be my laff forever."  )

Cheers,
Cindy Donnell

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2214 Re: crossing over thomas mark montgomery   Tue  6/6/2000   2 KB

emusic.com