Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Mon Dec 30, 2002  2:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sat. met. broadcast

Randy, there were two large soprano roles in William Bolcom's "A View from
the Bridge": the blowsy over-blown voice was American Catherine Malfitano
and the young fresh-sounding singer was Canadian up-and-comer, Isabel
Bayrakdarian.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 buzzcen@a... wrote:

> I caught a portion of the metropolitan opera broadcast yesterday (sat 12/28)
> on wfmt while in the car. It was in english. What opera was it and who was
> the lead soprano?

emusic.com