Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Smith <krj@t...>
Date:  Sun Dec 29, 2002  4:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Repertoire Refresher???

"Ah fuggi il traditor" is available in the International Edition of Mozart
arias. I don't recall offhand which volume it's in, but Elvira's other
aria is in there as well ("Mi tradi"). It's quite short, but shows off a
lot of different vocal stuff. Definitely worthwhile.

At 12:36 PM 12/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>For your darker-voiced soprano, check out "Il fuggi
>traditor" (I think that's the title), the short Donna Elvira
>aria from the first act of Don Giovanni, after the catalogue
>aria and before the quartet. You'd probably have to get that
>one from the opera score, as I don't recall its being in any
>of the anthologies.
>
>Peggy
>
>--
>Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA
>"Music for a While Shall All Your Cares Beguile"
>mailto:peggyh@i...

By way of introduction, incidentally, I've been lurking here for quite
awhile, but haven't posted yet in this incarnation (I was a member of the
original Vocalist some years back, then took a break, then joined
vocalist-temporary last year.) I'm a dramatic soprano trying to break into
the opera biz, have a nearly completed master's in voice from Michigan
State, and a small but growing voice studio.

Ciao!

- Leslie H. Smith

emusic.com