Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Dec 16, 2002  9:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Suggestions for lullabies?

Schubert: Wiegenlied, D498; Wiegenlied D867 (Op 15 #3); Des Bache
Wiegenlied from DIE SCHOENE MUELLERIN D795; Schlaflied D527; Wiegenlied
D304

R. Strauss: Wiegenlied, from SONGS WITH ORCHESTRA Op. 41 #1;
Wiegenliedchen Op. 3 #49; Beim schlafengehen, from VIER LETZTE LIEDER;
Wiegenlied (WwO)

Wolf: Wiegenlied im Sommer - and - Wiegenlied im Winter, from SECHS LIEDER
FUER EINE FRAUENSTIMME

Rimsky-Korsakov: Lullaby, from the opera BOYARINA VERA SHELOGA

Tchaikovsky: Kolybel'naja pesnja, Op. 16 #1

Alexander Gretchaninov: Berceuse

Bizet: Berceuse (Sur un vieil air)

Bax: A Celtic Lullaby, from A CELTIC SONG-CYCLE, #4

Reger: Wiegenlied, op 43 #5

Mozart (attrib. actually by Bernard Flies): Wiegenlied (Schlafe, mein
Prinzchen) K350

Gershwin: Summertime, from the opera PORGY AND BESS

Warlock: Rest, sweet nymphs; Lullaby; Cradle Song; My sweet little darling

Stanford: Golden slumbers (same text by Dekker as Warlock "Lullaby" and
the "Golden Slumbers" by The Beatles)

Haydn (arr.): Ar hyd y nos (All through the night)

H. Hamilton Harty: Lullaby

Harold Arlen: Satin Gown and Silver Shoe, from the musical BLOOMER GIRL

Canteloube: Pour l'enfant, from CHANSONS D'AUVERGNE

Hindemith: Singet leise

Stravinsky: Gently, little boat, from the opera THE RAKE'S PROGRESS

Herbert: Go to sleep, slumber deep, from the operetta BABES IN TOYLAND

Trad. Yiddish: Shlof mayn Kind (Sleep, my child)

Ives: Wiegenlied (same text, from "Des knaben Wunderhorn", as the famous
Brahms' lullaby)

Chadwick: Lullaby, Op 14 #6

Delius: Wiegenlied, from SEVEN SONGS FROM THE NORWEGIAN, #6

Spohr: Wiegenlied, from SECHS DEUTSCHE LIEDER FUER EINE SINGSTIMME,
KLARINETTE UND KLAVIER, Op 103 #4

Martinu: Ukolebavka, from DVE PISNE NA TEXTY NEGERSKE POESIE, #1

von Weber: Wiegenlied, Op. 13 #2

Szymanowski: Kolysanka Krzysi, from 20 RYMOW DZIECIE CYCH, Op 42 #15

Ginastera: Arrorro, from CINCO CANCIONES POPULARES ARGENTINAS, Op 10 #4

John Eaton: Lullaby, from SONGS OF DESPERATION AND COMFORT #2

Sidney Homer: Lullaby, oh lullaby!

Milhaud: Berceuse, from CHANTS POPULAIRES HEBRAIQUES #4

FOR LOWER VOICES

Menotti: Lullaby, from the opera THE CONSUL

Britten: A Charm of Lullabies Op. 41

Mussorgsky: Lullaby, from Songs and Dances of Death

Shostakovich: Lullaby, from From Jewish Folk Poetry Op. 79

J.S. Bach: Schlafe, meine Liebster, geniesse de Ruh', from CHRISTMAS
ORATORIO BWV 248

I could keep going but, frankly, I'm getting a bit bored. Hope you find
something here.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
That man is the happiest who
is most thoroughly deluded.
- Erasmus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21521 Re: Suggestions for lullabies?Lloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Tue  12/17/2002

emusic.com