Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  7:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: duet recital recommendations

JLines@aol.com wrote:
Would anyone care to make suggestions for duets to close a recital, for
bass-baritone and soprano?  If we can't come up with the Victor Herbert, we
need a group of light and/or comic to finish.  English, please!
Hello Carol,

How about "Bess You Is My Woman Now" from Porgy & Bess - I don't know that it is necessarily "light", but what a gorgeous piece...

"All I Ask of You" - Phantom of the Opera

I have sung the following as a high baritone - they might work for a bass-baritone, depending on his top notes or perhaps could be transposed:

Merry Widow Waltz - Lehar
tunes by Ivor Novello such as "My Life Belongs To You"

There is a a very nice contemporary pop tune I have done called "Here We Are", not to be confused with the Gloria Estefan tune of the same title.  Unfortunately, I don't have it in front of me and I don't know the composer offhand.  The chorus goes, "Here we are, together we have found a dream come true...  I think it came originally from some wedding anthology...

Hope this helps...

Cheers.

Michael Eckford <michaelb@yknet.yk.ca>
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada