Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  5:10 am
Subject:  Tako's arpeggio

Dre de Man <dredeman@y...> wrote:
> As far as I can judge from this recording, there
> are two things I like in your voice, that I don't like
> in, let's say, Andreas Scholl's: your lower notes
> sound natural (but not male, in this I disagree with
> John) and secondly and more important, your high notes
> really seem to be bright.

Thank you for your positive comments! You can probably already guess
that I am going to encourage you to like Scholl's voice for its own
merits ;-) I believe all voices have their own unique artistry.

> What we cannot hear from this recording, is how big the sound is, but
> the singer's format is there, you don't need the graph to understand
> this.

I can tell you for sure that it is not a gigantic voice, but it is not
teeny either. Since I have never heard me live, I can't tell you for
sure :( Your only recourse is to attend one of my concerts ;-)

> I think that also this is more simple, and has to do with
> identification: most men want to be man, and identify themselves with
> operatic and other roles and voices that are male. There is nothing
> wrong with that.

Yes, but with a simple paradigm shift, this could change. Many teenage
boys dream of growing up and wearing leather, makeup, and singing high
in a heart-throb band!

-Tako

emusic.com