Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  5:00 am
Subject:  Re: female falsetto (was: countertenors etc.)

Dear Isabelle,

Oh my goodness! I've been using a variation of the 181 exercise for
several months. Discovering it was the turning point in developing a
head voice which was strong enough to reconcile with my chest voice.

It seems to trick my body into "speaking" my upper notes into a
natural larynx position (sing as you speak), something which is easy
to do in my chest voice, which is where I normally speak.

Thanks for the additional vocalises!

-Tako

> A strong and healthy chest voice will strengthen the
> head voice -- I don't know why, but it works. I
> generally do these exercises once a week:

emusic.com