Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Dec 10, 2002  4:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Too many low notes?

In a message dated 12/9/2002 10:55:43 PM Central Standard Time,
gwyee@r... writes:

> busted! (as per above) But, I think that our hymnal was written so
> baritones could sing tenor when necessary. Aren't there *any* techniques
> that make it easier to find mixed voice after abusing one's self in chest?

Don't abuse yourself in chest...sing it as a tenor so that you know you can
get out of it into mix. The mix connects out of chest and should be a
seamless bridge into head. If you can't sing in mix after singing in chest
for a while something is wrong with the chest voice. It's pretty simple,
chest that is, it's just your speaking voice and I'm assuming you can find
your mix after speaking in chest all day.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com