Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Sat Dec 7, 2002  8:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] file sharing and cd sales

I have a fair amount of my recordings available as free mp3s
has led to some additional CD sales for me. Would I be upset if I
were to discover that some recordings that I hadn't released in that
way were being distributed through unauthorized (by me) file sharing?
In one way, yes, in another way, no. Obviously I don't like the idea
of someone treating my recordings as if they had the rights to them
when they didn't. On the other hand, I look forward to being popular
enough to have my recordings show up in one of those file-sharing
operations.

Here's what Janis Ian has written about this issue:
http://www.janisian.com/article-internet_debacle.html

John Link

http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs: