Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer" <jennibri@i...>
Date:  Sun Jun 4, 2000  11:53 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Christmas program

> I direct our church (Presbyterian) Christmas program every year. I
> would like to structure the program around some classical music, such
> as the Christmas Oratorio (I'm open to other suggestions) this year.
> My question is, do you have any suggestions for where I might find,
> or how I might write, a script around such music?

Every year, my church does a program where well known songs (e.g. O Holy
Night, Christmas carols - allows for occasional audience participation if
desired, songs from Messiah, etc.) are interspersed with readings from the
Bible (mostly ones regarding the birth of Christ) and occasionally poetry or
stories that go along with the theme. The songs are placed as much as
possible following a reading along the same lines. The audience always loves
it (full house every year). This gives you a lot of flexibility in designing
the program according to the capabilities of your performers.

Jennifer

emusic.com