Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Fri Dec 6, 2002  8:47 pm
Subject:  to: Mark Montgomery WAY BELATED REPLY RE: how do you define 'head voice'?

Dear Mark,

Would you please tell us the name of this singer you were talking
about? (months ago, I know, sorry!) The other day I heard a
contemporary Christian pop singer with an unbelievably beautiful
upper range that defied gravity and categorization. Just wondering if
it's the same man. Thanks!

I'm also wondering what you meant by your question "where is the
dynamic and color variety?". Are you talking about this particular
singer? I'm guessing not, if he had everyone fooled into thinking he
was a high tenor... Anyway, if you can remember what you meant...
Thanks again.

yours truly,
Tako

thomas mark montgomery wrote:
> ...it was not long before the voice began to
> mature and it became apparent to everyone that this young tenor was
in
> actuality a young baritone with an incredibly beautiful supported
> falsetto, taking him up to high C and beyond. He has since made a
solid
> career in contemporary Christian music where he continues to sing
in this
> manner. In the same way, I chuckle to myself everytime I hear the
> non-falsetto countertenor argument espoused - I ask myself: if this
isn't
> falsetto, where is the dynamic and color variety?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21317 Files, was Re: to: Mark Montgomery WAY BELATEDMichael chosdad Fri  12/6/2002
21318 Help finding Schubert sheet music, Bax recordingKaren Mercedes singwiththespirit Fri  12/6/2002

emusic.com