Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Dec 6, 2002  7:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I'm new here--a little about me

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:49:16 EST pacergirlkristi@w... wrote:

> Hi everybody, I am new here. My name is Kristi
> and I have not been classified
> as Soprano or Alto, etc... Every choir or
> instructor I've had will just put
> me where he needs me. I have sang about every
> part from Soprano to Baritone
> (we were really short on Baritone guys one
> year!). I am in school studying
> for me BAS in business but would love to sing
> again, its been a while. I have
> been trying to stay in practice by doing some
> simple exercises every day,
> but....you know how hetic college can be,
> especially when you go back at 25.

Welcome Kristi!

I know what you mean about choir directors. It's great to be versatile!
Which choir part have you found you enjoy singing the most?

I started out, before I started studying voice, as a choir alto (with lots of
instrumental music experience earlier), because I had no high notes. And
started studying voice so I could hit the alto's high notes easier (Ds, Es,
and Fs and octave+ above middle C). And now I'm a fairly high soprano,
singing opera arias and all! Singing is so habit-forming, it probably should
be illegal!!!!

Anyway, welcome!

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

emusic.com