Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Dec 5, 2002  8:31 pm
Subject:  the long-distance phone lesson

That reminds me of one day with my teacher in Philadelphia. Her husband
(also a teacher and retired opera artist) was stretched out on their
dining-room floor nursing a bad back, talking on the phone-- and was on the
phone for the entire hour of my lesson and then some. My teacher explained
that on the other end was a former student who had called from ITALY needing
some brush-up vocal help.

I'm sure that fellow's phone bill that month looked like O.J. Simpson's
lawyer bill!

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California USA
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

We all live in a place called "23 skiddoo." --John Prine

>From: "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
I also had a