Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Carl S. Rogers" <mikado3848@j...>
Date:  Thu Dec 5, 2002  4:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] does milk affect your vocal chords

Dear all,

I'm a newcomer to the list, and this is my first post. I'm
looking forward to being a part of things!
I'm a "senior citizen" baritone, preparing to open my own teaching
studio. For about 12 years, I've been working in another career (as a
Presbyterian pastor.) I'm retired from that, and looking forward to
getting back to singing and teaching. I've missed it greatly!
Anyhow--Dr. Messmer's comments about milk and mucus make sense,
of course. But I have been troubled for a long time with a lot of mucus,
so much that it often interferes even with ordinary talking. I've been
treated fairly recently for an allergy to dust, and that seemed to help
for a while, but now the mucus seems to be back in all its vehemence.
So my question is this: Isn't it true that allergic reactions to
various substances (including milk) can effect the cords, including the
production of excess mucus? Perhaps my finding answers to this point
will make it possible for me to solve this problem. Any comments,
anyone?

Carl Rogers

emusic.com