Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 4, 2002  11:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Consonants and breath flow

In a message dated 12/4/2002 3:51:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dgrogan@e... writes:

> I am not a scientist, and I didn't write the article. However, after
> reading it, I am certain that those were the results of their study.
> Perhaps the study itself is faulty, but I wouldn't discount it based on
> personal experience.

david,

simple logic will tell you that if they think the lowering of a larynx
is dependent on a large amount of air, it follows that, as the air is
released, the larynx will rise. simple observation will tell you that it is
possible to raise and lower the larynx with any amount of air in one's lungs.
for example, try placing your finger on your larynx and go back and forth
from a spoken 'ah' to a spoken 'oo' (of course, there are numerous other ways
to trigger larynx movement). you'll feel the larynx move down on 'oo'.
and you can try this with lungs full and lungs empty and get the same
results.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21256 Re: Consonants and breath flowJames bandbau Wed  12/4/2002
21278 Re: Consonants and breath flowDavid Grogan   Thu  12/5/2002
21297 Re: Consonants and breath flowJames bandbau Fri  12/6/2002

emusic.com