Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Mon Dec 2, 2002  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Consonants and breath flow

In a message dated 12/1/2002 6:25:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
singer112001@y... writes:

> I am experimenting with the belt to relieve the tension I feel in my
> jaw, particularly on the higher pitches (A natural and higher).
> Within only a few days I can sing an aria like Un'aura amorosa with
> far less anticipation of the two spots that I tense up at to the
> point the the A natural is very pinched. In fact in vocalises I can
> sing the A natural without any problem but in a song it sometimes
> causes me to tense up and strangle it.

Bob,

You're not strangling on the top notes as much because you're getting more
strangled in other parts of your body! Perspective is everything.

Best of luck, I guess this gives new meaning to "belt technique"
Mary Beth Felker

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21212 Re: Consonants and breath flowJames bandbau Mon  12/2/2002

emusic.com