Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dré de Man <dredeman@w...>
Date:  Sun Dec 1, 2002  2:10 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] MED: Singing prevents colds

Dear John and covocalisters,

You wrote:

‘Taking 200 to 300 milligrams of vitamin C every five hours helps
destroy
histamines in the blood that cause nasal passages to swell, said
nutritionist Carol Johnston of Arizona State University. This can help
unclog a stuffy nose without the drowsiness caused by antihistamines.

Does this mean I could give it a try and replace the antihistamine I use
during the months that I suffer from hay fever by a high dose of vitamin
c?

Best greetings,

Dré

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21195 Re: MED: Vitamin C for allergies; was Singing prevents coldsJohn Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Sun  12/1/2002
21210 Re: MED: Vitamin C for allergies; was Singing prevents coldsElizabeth Finkler   Mon  12/2/2002
21211 Re: MED: Vitamin C for allergies; was Singing prevents coldsJames bandbau Mon  12/2/2002

emusic.com