Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Nov 26, 2002  6:12 pm
Subject:  Re: "jaw just won't drop

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:37:15 DrE_de_Man <dredeman@w...> wrote:

> Many answers were really nice, like Peggy’s.
> Karen also gave quite a lot of helpful hints, but something in her mail made
me think it is not such a good idea to do what she tells us: ‘If you
> look in the mirror, you'll look a bit like an idiot’. Karen: what if that
look stays with you? Is there an undo function? And what if you look a
> bit like an idiot anyway, do you have to look like a complete fool?

Dre, I'm glad you liked what I wrote. I have to disagree a little with Karen
- one doesn't necessarily look like an idiot with the dropped jaw - at least I
don't think so. My examplar in this regard is Renee Fleming, who does the jaw
thing so well - seeing her in profile singing to Morley Safe on Sixty Minutes
was one of those "now I get it" moments. She's got the perfect relaxed jaw
and looks like a glamour queen doing it, in my opinion.

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21133 "I like a simple tune"David Grogan   Tue  11/26/2002
21167 Re: "jaw just won't dropsinger112001 singer112001 Thu  11/28/2002

emusic.com