Vocalist.org archive

From:  "ibracamonte" <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Fri Nov 22, 2002  7:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] vocalist.org !!!

John, you're great! As you know, my domain-registration service
missed (by "mere seconds," they assured me) re-registering that domain
when it expired last summer. You are amazing for having tracked down
the new owner. Congrats, and a million thanks from all of us!

The main purpose of the original www.vocalist.org was to direct
newcomers to the mailing list -- that's how Marko's list got much of
its fresh blood. It's not the same as the mailing list, which Marko
used to operate from the Oulu server and is now at yahoogroups. But
it's an incredibly valuable part of the mailing list (now we have a
web presence, so new singers can actually find us), as well as being a
more comprehensive home to the archives.

I think we should re-open the discussion about where the mailing list
goes in the future. At the *very* least, we should move from
"vocalist-temporary" to "theVocalist" at yahoogroups, but I still
think that a non-commercial system would be the best option. Fans of
staying part of yahoogroups, speak up. Lloyd, is the offer from your
university still open? If not, I think we should consider hooking up
with the vocalist.uk people and running a joint website/list with
them.

Isabelle B.

emusic.com