Vocalist.org archive

From:  bjjocelyn <bjjocelyn@p...>
Date:  Wed Nov 20, 2002  4:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] versatility

I never claimed electronic simulations come close to the real thing. Is it
their purpose, anyway?
Planes are not birds (although some birds are plain:)), yet both fly. While
it is plain to see :) that planes do not and could not fly the way birds do,
there is however little doubt as to the observation of flying animals by man
primarily inspiring him with the idea of building flying machines.

I merely gave water to the mill of John Link's relevant distinction between
vibrato and chorus, by ascertaining its implicit acknowledgement in as
little as the building of unassuming emulating electronic devices.

And beware! Quality sampling is sounding closer to acoustic day by day,
fooling its fair share of finer and finer ears, including yours on the sly,
unless you never ever listen to the radio, watch television or go to the
movies. Check Peter Siedlaszeck's newest Orchestral Strings Collection, it
is scaring! Could make many fair-to-middling orchestral pit fiddlers
redundant in no time! (No qualms about that, if the hard-working Eastern
European musicians Peter Siedlaszeck hired and will go on hiring for his
sampling sessions proved superior)

BJJA

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21085 Re: versatilityLloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Sat  11/23/2002

emusic.com