Vocalist.org archive

From:  LikeSoMuchFish@a...
Date:  Sat Jun 3, 2000  12:29 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] La Traviata Live on television

jennibri@i... writes:

> > << I believe that in the UK it will be broadcast on Channel 4, with a
> > simultaneous radio broadcast on Classic FM. >>
> >
> > Does anyone know where/when in the US?

I am not sure it will--which baffles me. I have checked everywhere and can't
find a listing.

In the NY Post today, Cindy Adams wrote in her column:"TOMORROW and Sunday a
large chunk of the world will see, live, a global telecast of Zubin Mehta
conducting "La Traviata." The USA alone takes it live-on-tape for reasons
nobody quite understands. .."

what the heck does that mean? "live-on-tape"?

:jc

emusic.com