Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Cheshire" <vocalist@c...>
Date:  Thu Nov 21, 2002  4:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocalist e-mail Postcard?

Dear Vocalisters, it is very common for "from addresses" to be forged in
SPAM and VIRUS emails. ie, once your email address gets on to SPAM
lists you are likely to both receive SPAM/VIRUS emails and have your
email address used in the sending of SPAM/VIRUS emails.

So, an email from xyz@s... does not necessarily come from
xyz@s...

A virus apparently sent from mightymezzo...,. therefore, in no way means that
the actual mightmezzo has any virus on her PC

John

> I haven't received a single
> complaint from anyone and I have had no virus notifications from Symantec,
> which has been very good about telling me if I have a virus.
>
> And it wasn't a download.
>
> Christine Thomas,
> Mezzo Soprano
>
> "I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

emusic.com