Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 16, 2002  10:00 pm
Subject:  The curse of teaching voice.....

To sum up many of the differing posts, this observation may shed some light.

The inherent difficulty in teaching voice lies in the very instrument itself.
How can one describe how to do something to someone else, when the very sound
one is describing is experienced differently by the producer vs. the
listener. Worse, even when both are listening to a taped version of the
sound, what one would observe as a "good" sound, the other would observe as
"awful."

Unfortunately, we are forced to teach an instrument that neither can see
objectively and both experience differently. Not to mention that the
terminology used successfully on one person, may be meaningless to the next.

And even with this statement, I am merely commenting on my own observations
based on my own experience. LOL

Mary Beth Felker

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21117 Re: The curse of teaching voice.....Dean FH Macy   Mon  11/25/2002
21124 Re: The curse of teaching voice.....John Link johnlink010254 Mon  11/25/2002

emusic.com